- Ben Affleck wins Directors Guild Award
- ‘House of Cards’: Netflix has two aces
- Jennifer Lawrence sets talk-show bar high
- ‘Warm Bodies’ is No. 1 on Friday: $8.7M
- ‘Survivor’: Two who said ‘No’ to ‘Caramoan’
- Frank Ocean: No charges vs. Chris Brown
- ‘HIMYM’: Kyle MacLachlan to return
- ‘Do No Harm’ premieres with ratings thud
- ‘One Life to Live,’ ‘GH’ to share actors?
- Amy Poehler: I wish I’d pitched this!
- ‘Hunger Games’: Nominated for…nothing?!
- Music on TV: What’s THAT song?
- 16 movie stars’ moves in TV
- 23 guys who rage past age 50
- ‘HIMYM’ to end after season 9
I didn’t subscribe to this weekly trade rag, and I’m not in the entertainment business. Still they pile up on the island counter in the kitchen, because it’s what’s happening baby. So I opened one last night. My younger than I look paradigm dissolved, as I viewed musicians, celebrities, TV, film/ trends that were as unfamiliar to me as I would be to them. Should I develop an interest in what they are pitching? I kept reading about bands I never heard of,
books, new killer thriller suspense series that will make my blood curdle, single women who make love to themselves, murderers to fall in love with, and ten pages on the OSCARS.
I’m grateful for those artists of mercy that I have been turned on to in my life. Those are the ones I’ll cherish. That first Stones concert, first performance artist, exhibits at Mass Moca, an Afro-Cuban dance performance, Baryshnikov, Miles Davis, Cab Calloway, Tito Puente, the movie Women In Love, and Thirty Something.